Thursday, April 3, 2014

Challenge Accepted

Becky, one of my very best friends in the world, whom I have know since I was Little Courtney, is doing an eating challenge this month. 

Ok - back story on Becky. Becky is a complete BAMF. She is exactly the type of woman you want your daughter to grow up and become. She's beautiful, really smart, hilarious, unbelievably caring, an amazing runner... I talked her into running Ragnar Del Sol with our team in February. She was a complete BAMF! She ran the 13.5 mile leg for a total of like 25 miles. And she didn't complain once. Me, on the other hand, I was a complete little baby.

She is doing an eating challenge this month. Check it out here. I struggle so much with my body image and my weight. I have been wondering how personal I want my blog to be, and I figured I can't be kind of truthful, I need to just be me - which is telling the truth all the time. My husband and I got married in August and I lost about 30 pounds for the wedding.  Well since then, I have slowly but surely gained it back.  I wanted to lose more for the wedding but reached a plateau and accepted it. Losing weight is a lot about how I will look but it also is really important because extra weight means slower running.  And I am slow enough. Joining Becky this month seems like such a solid idea!


But to make a long story short - I am 100% in with Becky on this challenge. Challenge Accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment